Quiet morning at work today so I figured I’d try to keep up with the frequent blogging thing I’ve got going on right now. Last night, I started watching the 5th season of Supernatural that’s been saved up on the DVR since September. On Sunday night, Jay and I were finally able to catch up on the last few weeks of Chuck while Friday night was dedicated to The Office and 30 Rock. Basically, all these shows were backed up because of Lost but now that it’s finished, we’re free to watch whatever we want. I’ve noticed people asking each other over Twitter, Facebook, etc, “What do we watch now?” Soooo I came up with ten suggestions based on TV shows that I like and I’m totally open to some more that I missed or have never seen.
*Disclaimer for suggestions 2-10 & honorable mentions: Please keep in mind that these are MY suggestions and just because I like them, it doesn’t mean that they’re the end all, be all of TV shows to ‘replace’ Lost.*
- Battlestar Galactica (The new one) – Trust me: Just do it. You won’t regret it. Some people are hooked from the first 10 minutes of the miniseries, others take a few episodes in the first season but stick it out and you’ll be so glad you did. It’s easily one of the best shows to ever air on TV.
- Veronica Mars – I’ve been touting VM for years but the first season really is awesome. It’s got mystery, humor, adventure and of course, Kristin Bell.
- Chuck – The 3rd season just finished and the show has changed so much from when it started. However, it was done in a way that you know it’s changing but it feels natural. One word: Jeffster.
- True Blood – Jay & I just put the second season in our Netflix queue and we can’t wait. I loved the first season so much that I bought all the books. I read the first one on the airplane back from London and I was advised to hold off on the rest until we see season 2. Therefore, I am doubly anxious to watch it. Warning: There’s A LOT of gratuitous sex so if private parts offend you, then you’re not going to like TB.
- The X-Files – I would be a horrible Phile if I didn’t recommend that anyone who loves a bit of sci-fi to check out XF (or at least the first 6 seasons + first movie; I can’t condone the last 4 & 2nd movie). There’s conspiracy theories abound and some really great Monster-of-the-Week episodes that make for some really fantastic, classic TV.
- Bones – My newest obsession but if you’re into crime dramas with great characters then give it a shot. I was always against it because I never watched Buffy or Angel and assumed it would be FBI Agent Teen Heartthrob at your service. I’m glad I gave it a shot and I hope you are too!
- Dexter – Spoiler alert: Dexter is filled with a lot of gore. It’s also filled with awesome, so ignore all of the obvious moral protests like, “But he still kills people…” and dive right in.
- Alias – Sydney Bristow is bad ass. There’s 5 seasons total but I strayed during the last season because it just got way too confusing. However, if you’re a JJ Abrams fan, then DEFINITELY give at least the first 2 seasons a shot.
- Supernatural – This was the Bones of last year. It’s not just a CW show. It’s got it’s own mythology and quirks & some compelling storylines. It also has Dean from Gilmore Girls.
- Psych – I know that Psych is not everyone’s type of show but it’s absolutely hilarious and thoroughly an all-around good time. PINEAPPLE!
- Fringe – Jay & I stopped in the middle of Season 1 when my beloved Strider got sick and I was moving all at the same time. It was starting to get really good, we just didn’t have the energy to keep up with it. We hear it’s gotten sick nasty awesome right now, so we’re definitely going to try to watch Seasons 1 & 2 before Comic Con.
- 24 – Again, this is a show that fell a lot in later seasons but Seasons 1, 4 and 5 were really entertaining. At the very least, give Season 1 a shot and make sure you have a full day cleared because it’s that insane that you won’t want to stop watching.
Well, those are my suggestions. I’m sure that I’m missing some and there’s plenty out there that I’ve never watched, so if you’ve got anything to add, the floor is yours.Shop Amazon - Top Gift Ideas