I can’t believe the day has finally arrived. I’ve waited seven long years for a little bit more Bluth in my life. I may start screaming like Lucille with Gene Parmesan. I tried to decide on my favorite moments of the show, but it’s hard to pick just 10. I did my best, but I’m sure I forgot something. I can’t believe the day has finally arrived. In no particular order:
1. “What is she funny or something?” -Gob to Michael regarding Ann in ¡Amigo! I’ve always just found the “Her?” joke to be hilarious. The set-up and delivery of this line kills me every time.
2. Speaking of amazing delivery, this exchange between Lucille & Michelle in Season 3’s The Cabin Show is wonderful on all levels.
3. Mrs. Featherbottom. No, not the “Who wants a banger in the mouth?” scene. This one:
4. Tobias and that something distinct about the way he speaks. My all-time favorite Tobias line comes from Ready, Aim, Marry me!
5. Okay, one more Tobias moment. This is from the very end of that same episode. Michael has urged Tobias to tape record himself for a day. (“There has got to be a better way to say that…”)
6. This is the Arrested Development line that I quote the most in my every day life, so I have to give it some love. It’s a recurring line throughout the show, particularly in Season 3. Everyone says it at some point.
7. Mama will leave when she’s good and ready.
8. Thank you, Barry Zuckercorn.
9. Although we first learned that family was more important that breakfast (depending on the day), the most important piece of advice that George Sr. ever gave to Michael was that there’s always money in the banana stand.
10. Finally, this is the scene that made me fall in love with Arrested Development. When he starts singing “Amazing Grace,” I completely lose it.
Please feel free to add your own favorite moments or quotes in the comments. Even re-reading this post, I thought of another 5 I could have put in here instead. Man, I love this show.Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies