I’ve been on another big DIY/try new recipe kick lately. I printed out a bunch of stuff from Pinterest, put them in a binder divided by category, and have been trying to work my way through them. Hmmm. Does that mean I took the Pinterest out of Pinterest? Anyway, I was looking for quick-n-easy recipes with some flavor that are a bit outside the box from what I’d normally think to make, but not really outside of the box that I can’t actually make it, haha. So what I’m trying to say is here’s a recipe for Cheddar, Avocado & Sun-Dried Tomato Quesadillas that I found and made for dinner tonight. I know quesadillas are nothing new, but I’m glad I tried these. If you decide to try them too, hope you enjoy.
If anyone has any similar recipes, let me know in the comments, please!
- 2 flour tortillas (I used the smaller ones)
- Olive oil (I used EVOO)
- Sharp white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 smashed avocado
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Cut up the cheese into slices/grate the cheese so that you’ll have enough to cover the tortilla twice. Smash the avocado.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the pan.
- Layer half of the cheese on top of the tortilla.
- Spread the avocado over the cheese.
- Put approx. 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes over the avocado.
- Finally, put one more layer of cheese on top of everyone. Sprinkle salt and pepper or whatever seasoning you want. I used garlic salt for the one I made for myself because it’s my favorite, but used sea salt and pepper for Jay’s.
- Place the additional tortilla on top.
- Cook until golden brown on each side and until the cheese starts to melt.
- Cut it and eat up!