I looooove numbers and cool “numbers” days, like when the dates make palindromes or sequential numbers. You may or may not remember that for a long time, I did a blog post for dates with “cool” numbers and called them, “Obligatory ### Post.” They were generally just updates of what was going on in life because I wanted to mark the date. It’s been a long time since I did one of those “Obligatory” posts, though I did manage to do a quick one on 12-22-21.
Anyways, I couldn’t let 2-2-22 go by without some sort of post acknowledging it. Two is, after all, one of my favorite numbers. I cannot wait for 2-22-22, when it’s also a TWOs-day. Yeah I know, I’m a dork. Whatever.
We are in the midst of preparing for family to arrive tomorrow afternoon to celebrate Alex’s birthday, so much of my day was spent doing what I’ve been doing for the past week: cleaning and organizing. It’s been a while since I really went through everyone’s rooms to pull out toys, clothes, trash, etc. I spent Friday – Monday in Zach’s room trying to make sense of the mess. I have NINE bins of LEGOs that I’m going to put in a Kallax (or Kallax-type) shelf. I dropped off six boxes of 18M-2T clothing and toys at SAFEChild this morning, took about 20 books from my bookshelves to help restock our neighborhood’s Free Little Library yesterday, and have a huge box of baby/toddler books in my car to take to our daycare’s book drive. I have been a machine, and I still feel like I have miles to go. I am starting a new job on February 16, so my goal is to finish what’s left on my list (I’m only like 60% through it) by next Wednesday so I can have a week to do things like going hiking and geocaching, haha.
Speaking of geocaching, my geo-friend Linda had a little meet-up event today at a local burger place in honor of 2.2.22, which also happens to be National Tator Tot Day. She called it “Tutus and Tator Tots” and encouraged everyone to wear tutus. I had a good month’s warning to get a tutu and still managed to drop the ball! There were a bunch of people who did wear tutus and they looked fabulous! After the meet-up, I decided to head over to the American Tobacco Trail and go for a little walk since it was really pleasant out today, a nice reprieve from the gloomy cold we’ve had lately, and the rain we’re going to have over the next two days.
I just rambled on for way too long, so if you made it this far, here are some 2.2.22-related things + non-related links that may be of interest to you:
- If you’re into Numerology or Angel Numbers, 222 means either alignment (right place, right time), trusting the path you’re on, or energy in your partnership/relationship. Yeah, I know. Some Angel Numbers, like 1 and 5, are universal, while others “depend on the interpretation” lolz.
- It looks like Zach was born just a year too early lol:
First grade teachers.. let your students make time capsules for 2-2-22.
Open them on 3-3-33 their Senior year!
— 🟣 Christopher J. Nesi 🎙 (@mrnesi) February 1, 2022
- Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Alex was born at 10:22 p.m. aka 22:22, which I’ve always loved so much. This lucky, stars-aligned, on-a-good-path, destined-to-marry-their-hs-sweetheart-for-60+-years baby was born at 2:22 p.m. today.
- Taylordle, the Taylor Swift version of my favorite daily activity Wordle, exists, and it’s fucking glorious (and was harder than I thought it would be since I’m not that well-versed in Taylor-land). I will play it for as long as I remember to do so.
- Everyone is screaming about inflation lately (“Higher prices suck, they do” -Yoda), but no one is holding the rich corps accountable for raising prices simply because people expect prices to be raised. I mean, the dude with the Let’s Go Brandon flag next door needs a reason to complain while ya boi the CEO has to get 31% raise to $20+ mil. But yes, rising prices are “inflation” and not “capitalism” lolololz.
- Oh cool. Cool, cool, cool, Florida. Wonder who these sniper rifles killed!
That’s it for me for today. See y’all again on 2.22.22 (if not before, obvs!). Stay aligned, on-a-good-path blah blah blah blah blah. 🙂