Breakfast Sliders!

We’re pretty basic, so when it comes to making a special occasion breakfast, 80% of the time, we will just default to cinnamon rolls and the other 20% of the time, donuts. We decided to change it up for our early Christmas morning breakfast last month and make a recipe for cheese and sausage breakfast sliders that I found on Pinterest. They were delicious and very filling. I only had two of them and I was full until late afternoon. The maple syrup makes them a bit decadent but otherwise, I’d recommend giving them a try if you’re looking to switch it up a little bit. Most importantly, the kids liked them. That’s a win. Here’s the recipe:


    • Ground pork sausage (We used the Jimmy Dean’s sausage rolls)
    • 12 Hawaiian rolls, or other slider buns
    • 8 large eggs, scrambled
    • 6 slices pepper jack or cheddar cheese
    • 8 slices American cheese
    • 1/2 cup butter, melted
    • 1/4 cup maple syrup


  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Scramble the eggs. A hack: Jay cooked them to the scrambled texture, but did not actually scramble the eggs. He made a little “egg sheet,” if you will. (You can see it in the picture above.)
  3. Warm large skillet over medium heat. Form sausage into 12 patties. Cook sausage in the skillet until cooked through.
  4. Cut rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking apart). Place bottom half of rolls in 7×10-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish.
  5. Scoop scrambled eggs (or unscrambled “egg sheet”) onto bottom rolls; top with the cheddar or pepper jack. Place sausage on top of pepper jack and top with American cheese. Place the top buns onto the sliders. (Again, see picture above.)
  6. Combine melted butter and maple syrup in small bowl. Brush over tops of rolls allowing sauce to drip down sides and into bottom.
  7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. If you did the “egg sheet” method like Jay did, you can easily cut the sliders into individual, mess-free pieces.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in Food. Bookmark the permalink.